“Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'”
Season 9, Episode 6
October 11, 2009
November 6, 2009
Holly J. and Jane surprise themselves during a class project when they totally bond. But when Holly J. discovers that they still share the same taste in guys—plural—will she choose sisters before misters?
Holly J. and Jane start a babysitting business and make loads of cash. They spark up a friendship and reveal secrets. Holly J. says she likes Declan a little bit and Jane is shocked. Declan comes to Jane's house just a little while before Holly J. visits. Holly J. is in her car and witnesses the two kiss. She is shocked and confronts Jane the next day. Jane asks her why she likes the guys Jane likes. Holly J. is angry at Spinner for telling Jane, but is still angry at Jane. Holly J. keeps the secret safe and the two continue their business after Jane dumps Declan.
Meanwhile, Dave is trying to fit in. He gets in a fight with Bruce the Moose to become popular. Dave wants to be on the Anti-Grapevine, but Chantay refuses to put her cousin in the blog until he does something spontaneous. He then pees in a jug and pours the pee in Bruce's locker. He and Bruce decide to meet in the alley after school with the whole school spectating the fight. Bruce refuses to fight him, but he pulls out a balloon full of urine and throws it at Dave. He actually thinks that Dave was pretty gutsy in his prank. Dave achieves instant popularity and gets his wish. Chantay writes about him in her blog.
Regular Cast (Ordered alphabetically)
- Raymond Ablack as Sav Bhandari
- Dalmar Abuzeid as Danny Van Zandt
- Charlotte Arnold as Holly J. Sinclair
- Paula Brancati as Jane Vaughn
- Jahmil French as Dave Turner
- Jordan Hudyma as Blue Chessex
- Judy Jiao as Leia Chang
- Shane Kippel as Spinner Mason
- Landon Liboiron as Declan Coyne
- Jajube Mandiela as Chantay Black
- Samantha Munro as Anya MacPherson
- Scott Paterson as Johnny DiMarco
- Aislinn Paul as Clare Edwards
- AJ Saudin as Connor Delaurier
- Melinda Shankar as Alli Bhandari
- Jessica Tyler as Jenna Middleton
- Natty Zavitz as Bruce
- Aimee Lococo as Mom at The Dot
- Kate Parker as Babysitting instructor
- Jonathon Pott as Mr. K
- Jane: "Or you could find your own soccer game. Don't you have any non-Sav interests?"
Anya: "Um, do you mind?"
- "My Only Anya" by Raymond Ablack
- "Alive" by Dala - Heard while Holly J. and Jane brainstorm at The Dot.
- "Lifted" by Alysha Brillinger - Heard during Holly J. and Jane babysitting montage.
- "I Know What I Am" by Band of Skulls - Heard when Dave pranks Bruce.
- "Good Times" by Latch Key Kid - Heard during Holly J. and Spinner's talk at The Dot.
- "Life's Perfect Timing" by Kari Kimmel
- Watch Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' on GorillaVid (International)
Just Can't Get Enough • Shoot to Thrill • Close to Me • You Be Illin' • Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' • Beat It (1) • Beat It (2) • Waiting for a Girl Like You • Somebody • Heart Like Mine (1) • Heart Like Mine (2) • Holiday Road • Start Me Up • Why Can't This Be Love (1) • Why Can't This Be Love (2) • Innocent When You Dream • In Your Eyes • Keep On Loving You • Degrassi Takes Manhattan