With the clock ticking towards the Class of 2007's Prom and Graduation ceremony, Liberty has the perfect night planned: Prom, with the amazing Natasha Bedingfield performing, which was made possible through a contest entered by Liberty. Toby then asked Liberty to be his "date" for the prom, which Liberty thought was just as friends. Amidst all of the commotion, Liberty finds herself attracted to Damian and confides in Toby, who storms off angry and hurt. They were later spotted making out. Manny also sees the two sneaking off together and confronts Liberty when they return to the others. When everyone went to the pool. Damian brags to Toby about his and Liberty's hook-up, which Toby instantly reveals to everyone there. Angry at Damian for cheating and Liberty for betraying her trust, Emma angrily calls Damian out on it and exits the pool, Manny and Toby following closely behind. Ashamed of her actions, Liberty severs her ties with Damian. The next day, Liberty is given the cold-shoulder by her friends. During her graduation speech, Liberty speaks of friendship and forgiveness and chokes up when she starts her memorial of J.T., running out of the auditorium in embarrassment. Emma tearfully follows Liberty outside and assures her that the one mistake is insignificant compared to all of the selfless deeds that Liberty has done. In suit, Manny and Toby comfort Liberty and the four friends return to commencement. Following the ceremony, the four friends honor their departed friend J.T. by flipping the tassel on the graduation cap reserved for him.
Peter learns that his mom is moving to Regina for his grandma, and he does not want to move. He has friends, Darcy and a band, so now he wanted to get emancipated and got advice from Mr. Van Zandt at graduation.
- This episode featured the graduation of the original Grade 7 class; the youngest class featured in the entire series so far.
- This the only graduation episode not to be made of multiple episodes.
- This episode shares a title with the song "We Built This City" By Jefferson Starship.
- This episode marks the final appearance of Damian Hayes.
- This episode marks the final regular appearances of Jimmy Brooks, Christine Nelson, Daphne Hatzilakos and Darcy Edwards.
Regular Cast (Ordered Alphabetically)
- Dalmar Abuzeid as Danny Van Zandt
- Sarah Barrable-Tishauer as Liberty Van Zandt
- Paula Brancati as Jane Vaughn
- Stefan Brogren as Archie Simpson
- Melissa DiMarco as Daphne Hatzilakos
- Mazin Elsadig as Damian Hayes
- Aubrey Graham as Jimmy Brooks
- Shenae Grimes as Darcy Edwards
- Jamie Johnston as Peter Stone
- Shane Kippel as Spinner Mason
- Miriam McDonald as Emma Nelson
- Cassie Steele as Manny Santos
- Amanda Stepto as Christine Nelson
- Natasha Bedingfield as herself
- Ursula Campbell as Missy Stone
- Arlene Duncan as Mrs. Van Zandt
- Von Flores as Joseph Santos
- Jake Goldsbie as Toby Isaacs
- Roy Lewis as Harold Van Zandt
- Tom Melissis as Dom Perino
- Paul Miller as Troy Stone
- Terra Vnesa as Trina
- Liberty (To Manny): "It was a momentary lapse of reason."
- Peter: "Mom! Grandma lives in Regina!"
- Toby: "Oh, I won't tell anyone that Liberty and Damian fooled around and now he's bragging about it!"
Manny: "Oh snap..."
- Manny: "Aww! Best girlfriends forever!...and Toby."
- "Pocketful of Sunshine" by Natasha Bedingfield
- "Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield
- Watch We Built This City on GorillaVid (International)