|Full Name||Yick Yu|
|Nickname(s)|| Mr. Yu the disorganized (by Mr. Raditch)|
Microship (self-appointed / by Arthur)
Broomhead (by Arthur)
|Family|| Unnamed Parents|
|Relationships|| Tessa Campanelli (Ex-Girlfriend)|
Melanie Brodie (Former Attraction, One Date)
Maya Goldberg (Former Attraction)
|School(s)||Degrassi Junior High School|
|First Episode||Kiss Me, Steph (DJH 101)|
|Last Episode||When Doves Cry (1) (DTNG 201)|
|Portrayed By||Siluck Saysanasy|
Degrassi Season 1-3Yick has been a student at Degrassi from his grade 7 year to his grade 10 year. He was best friends with Arthur Kobalewsky. He believed that Mr. Raditch was prejudiced to him, but he soon found out that he had no problem with him. He had a problem with Arthur being rich when they were in their grade 8 year. He wanted to go out with Melanie Brodie but she wanted to go out with Archie Simpson instead. Their friendship ended when Yick discovered Melanie had lied to him and gone to the 'boy' movie instead of the 'girl' move.
Degrassi Season 4-5
In high school, he begun to occasionally skip classes and he started smoking cigarettes and hanging out a lot with Luke Matthews, and was getting more involved into playing school sports. His friendship with Arthur at first was becoming somewhat distant and and divided, and he started hanging out a lot more with people he knew on the sports teams such as Alex Yankou. He eventually became acquainted with Arthur again in the episode All in a Good Cause when he and Arthur decided to go through with a daring bet to be dared to go and to cover Mr. Raditch's house with toilet paper to raise money from other students to win the class UNICEF contest, though they were both caught by Mr. Raditch to clean it up the next day. He and Arthur became best friends again in The All Nighter when they had decided to play a poker game at Luke Matthews' house all night long with Joey Jeremiah Arthur and Luke. That night during their game Yick revealed that he had a slight attraction for Maya Goldberg and thought that she was pretty and had very nice eyes. He was completely unaware that at Diana Economopoulos' overnight birthday sleepover party that Maya was also revealing that she had some feeling for him too, both of them never knew or found out how they felt about each other. Tessa Campinelli dumped Alex Yankou to go out with him as well. They stayed together when Degrassi was shut down, but broke up during the summer before their grade 11 year.
Degrassi: The Next Generation
Yick returned to Degrassi in 2001, to be a part of the reunion of all Degrassi students, when the school reopened. Yick also made a brief return (about half a second) in the season 2 opener in When Doves Cry (1) he is seen at Spike's birthday party cooking and shaking hands with Joey, an old friend.
Influences on Next Generation
- Spinner Mason went to Degrassi from 2001-2007 was jealous of his best friend Jimmy Brooks because of his wealth, just like Yick was jealous when Arthur Kobalewsky became suddenly rich.
- Derek Haig, went to Degrassi 2005 - 2009 was picked on by Mr. Perino just like Yick was picked on by Mr. Raditch.
- The friendship between Yick and Arthur was similar to that of J.T. Yorke and Toby Isaacs.
- Lucy and Yick were the first international students to attend Degrassi.
- He is one of several students who were born outside of Toronto.
- He is from Vietnam.
- Lucy is from New York, NY.
- Dallas is from Guelph, ON.
- Jenna was born in Calgary, AB.
- Fiona and Declan were born in Tokyo, Japan to American expatriates.
- Campbell is from Kapuskasing, ON.
- Becky and Luke are from somewhere in Florida.
- Wheels was most likely born near Port Hope, ON.
- In Dog Days, he mentioned that he got detention regularly.
Alex • Alexa • Archie • Arthur • B.L.T. • Bartholomew • Caitlin • Christine • Raditch • Wheels • Erica • Heather • Joey • Karen • Kathleen • L.D. • Liz • Lucy • Maya • Melanie • Michelle • Rick • Shane • Simon • Stephanie • Susie • Voula • Yick
Alex • Alexa • Archie • Arthur • B.L.T. • Bartholomew • Bronco • Caitlin • Christine • Raditch • Wheels • Diana • Dwayne • Erica • Heather • Joey • Karen • Kathleen • L.D. • Liz • Lucy • Maya • Melanie • Michelle • Simon • Tessa • Yick